Tuesday, November 13, 2012

It's Not Easy

Yesterday sucked.  Big time.  Not because anything horrible happened but because...nothing...at all...happened.

I'm a Type A person, always moving, always on the go.  Being unemployed makes me feel lazy, and boring; and it makes me question my own value....not only to society but to the ones I love.

If someone asks me "How are things with you? What's new?" I feel like a complete LOSER if I say "Nothing."  I feel like I should just stay in bed if my one contribution to this world will be walking the dog.
 
Tip of The Day
"Just keep swimming"
 
This blog is about how to stay sane while being unemployed.  How to stay focused, keep your spirits up, how to find a job, etc...
 
Today, however, I'm here to admit that it's just not that easy.  Every plan does not go as planned and some days it's just plain difficult to "Just keep swimming."
 
I'm a huge Disney fan.  One of my favorite animated movies is Finding Nemo.  I love Dori, Nemo's friend character who is voiced by Ellen Degeneres.  She is brainless, but everyone loves her anyways...including me. 
 
Sometimes denial works as a coping mechanism. 
But for Dori, it is a way of life. 
 
Maybe letting go for a day and refusing to acknowledge that challenges even exist, is not a bad idea?
 
Maybe allowing myself to enjoy a moment of boredom or lack of focus, and letting myself off the hook for not being fabulous all the time is a GOOD thing?
 
Today I don't have the answers. 
 
Today I am willing to admit that while I sometimes make it all sound easy, it just isn't.
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have suggestions for subjects that you'd like to see covered in this blog? Do you have comments or feedback about the content or format of this blog? Anyone can comment! Please feel free to do so! (and...THANK YOU!)